Last Thursday after lunch the Better Buddies groups meet in the Prep, Senior L and NA rooms.
And it kicked off with a lot of excitement.
The challenge was put forward to make a recipe for a respectful buddy. The students were encouraged to use ingredients such as:
Everyone had a great time together and there were some excellent recipes. Please see below.
If you were thinking of making a recipe at home here are some examples from some of our Buddies.
The super buddy recipe – by Batoul and Zoe
- Add ¾ of a cup of kindness to a bowl.
- Then add ½ a carton of respect to the bowl.
- Add 3 tsp of fun into the bowl.
- Add four blocks of learning.
- Add a pinch of smiling.
- Mix all of your ingredients and pour it into a 35 inch round pan.
- Cook it in a oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees
- Top it off with some purple collaboration and enjoy.
A recipe from Ella, Kaitlyn and Peter
- Put 3 cups of love, 4 cups of Respect, and 4 cups of safety,3 cups of learning
- Melt 100 grams of kindness over low heat then add it to the bowl.
- Put 50 cups of fun in the bowl and mix
- Put the mix in the oven
- Take the buddy cake out and enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed these recipes, please try them at home.
What is Better Buddies?
Better buddies is a program where prep children get a year 5 buddy for their first two years of primary school. They meet with each other to do fun activities fortnightly.
For more information please visit our Better Buddies page
Please feel add a comment below on the recipes and maybe share a few ingredients with us.